PINCHER CREEK - RCMP say they've been seeing a significant increase in the number of thefts and break-ins to rural residences and farms over the last few months.
Police say while all terrain vehicles are always a target, the theft of tools, generators, fuel and other equipment is also increasing.
Some of the stolen items, dates and locations include:
- May 4th 2018 a ride on Snapper zero turn ride on mower, a white Kenmore washing machine, Kirchner pressure washer and other tools were stolen from a farm located East of Pincher Creek.
- May 17, 2018 a 2012 John Deere Gator utility vehicle, Camo Green colour, and a 2009 Red Honda Quad were stolen from Sunset Feeders Feedlot west of Pincher Creek.
- Sometime between June 10th to 13th, 2018, a Blue 2015 Polaris Sportsman quad was stolen from a backyard on Albert Street in Pincher Creek.
- June 6, 2018 several thousand litres of Diesel Fuel was stolen from a fuel tank located on a farm east of Pincher Creek. A shop and residence were also broken into with damage to the doors.
- During the week of June 15 to 22 2018 fuel was stolen from the Castle SRD fuel cache. Approximately 3000 litres of Jet A fuel were taken after a truck entered the site by cutting the fence and then removing the fuel from the large fuel tank that is used to refuel helicopters that are working in the area.
- June 20 2018, a John Deere tractor and baler were stolen from a farm north east of the Oldman Dam. A John Deere 7410 with a front loader, and a John Deere 568 round bailer were stolen and driven away from the field they were parked in.
Police are asking the public to be on the lookout for suspicious activity, to get license plate numbers if they are able to, and to report it to them as soon as possible.
Canes take 5-2 loss against Saskatoon Blades
LETHBRIDGE -- After an emphatic 7-2 trouncing of the Broncos Friday night in Swift Current, the...
READ MORE +
Boil Water ORDER for Lethbridge County subdivisions of Edgemoor and Sunset Acres
LETHBRIDGE COUNTY -- Under the recommendation of Alberta Environment has recommended Lethbridge...
READ MORE +
Stars Lottery Scam makes the rounds in the Crowsnest Pass
CROWSNEST PASS -- RCMP have received several complaints of an on-going scam from suspects claiming...
READ MORE +
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.