Full CFL season will likely be cancelled, says Commissioner
OTTAWA – CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie says the most likely scenario for the league is a cancelled 2020 season during the COVID-19 pandemic.
He made the admission for the first time while testifying to a House of Commons standing committee on finance on Thursday.
Ambrosie appeared via video during a panel on arts, culture, sports, and charitable organizations after news broke last week that the CFL had requested up to $150 million in financial assistance from the federal government.
During his testimony, the commissioner claims the league’s future is “very much in jeopardy.”


